Sunday, January 31, 2010

Settling...

Conversation about the future:

Person 1: "I hate doing the same thing every day, and nothing exciting to look forward to, I don't want that"

Person 2: "But that's what the real world is, you wake up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, maybe watch tv, and do it all again"

Person 1: "But what if I want more than that?"

Person 2: "That's just the way life is in this country. You have vacation days to look forward to"

Person 1: "So 10 days are fun while 354 are horrible... If that's the way it is I would rather move to France or Germany where they have 24 days of vacation a year!"

So starts my quest for happiness in everyday life. If the above is the fate I am destined to be an active part of society, I might as well find a way to make it some what bearable... or even better... Exhilarating and Vivacious! My new goal each day is not to "make it" through, but to find at least one thing to share with someone, smile about, and remember. I want to live. My NEW new years resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment