Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Well, I guess I just can't brush my teeth tonight...

Water crisis: still on going. Apparently a laundromat sprung a leak, so two nights ago I came home and I couldn't brush my teeth, wash my face, shower, or even go to the bathroom. We only had one bottle of water left that had to last us until the next day until *hopefully* the water would be back, or we could buy some water.

Yesterday morning (St. Patrick's Day) there was water in the morning. I did all of the things I couldn't the night before (I thought my bladder was going to explode!) and headed off to class a happy camper. However, I got a text from Nicole while I was at class saying the water was gone again, fault of the same laundromat!

Well I got home from class, really excited to just go run. But what do you know, the water was still out, and people wanted to meet up for drinks for St. Patrick's Day in 3 hours... no telling if there would be water to shower or not. I got home last night around 1am and the water was back finally... Spain just continues to blow my mind. I would say its the least established country of western Europe... something I wasn't expecting at all.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! (Great pictures) I'm an American woman living in Toledo and I buy and sell second hand books in English. You can see the books I have for sale now and contact me on my blog: http://thespanishsky.blogspot.com.
    ~eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw sad day shan...sorry to hear about the water situation but other then that it sounds like you are having a great time over there :) miss and love you!

    -Maggie

    ReplyDelete