Monday, December 6, 2010

Case of the Mondays... In a daze


Have you ever had one of those Mondays where you just go through the motions? You're not paying attention to what you're doing, but somehow everything gets done? This was the case for me today... especially at work.

My job at the library is repetitive. I sit at the desk for the first 3 hours (usually working on homework). The next hour and a half I am in the stacks looking for books that staff or students have requested. While searching on the 4th floor, I decided to stop and use the restroom. Normally this wouldn't be news worthy... but today it definitely is.

In my daze of going through the motions, I head in the second door on the left. As I walked in I thought to myself, "Oh this is a small bathroom, there are only two stalls" but didn't think anything further as I head to the open stall. It wasn't until I exit the stall to wash my hands that I see it... the urinal. I frantically wash my hands as I hear the other "person" (what I had thought must be a woman... I was starting to think otherwise) was exiting their stall. I turned my back just in time so he wouldn't see my face... As I exited the bathroom, the sign on the door confirmed what I had feared. In my dazed state I had opted to use the Men's restroom.

Needless to say, that guy was either thinking "That's a weird looking fellow wearing tight jeans and a pony tail" or "What the hell is she doing in here"?! Looks like today was a bad case of the Mondays. Needless to say, next time I will be more careful!

No comments:

Post a Comment