Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother['s Day]

Anna. The name, from biblical times, meaning Gracious, the One Who Gives, and in Native American traditions Anna means Mother. And to me, she has been all of these things.

Everyone obviously thinks their mother is the best, but it honestly takes an amazing woman to be a great mother. They must be selfless, putting their hopes and dreams on the side in order that their kids may have a better tomorrow. They must be the world's greatest cheerleader, a multi-tasking master and have an unlimited patience and a listening ear. Being a mother is a full-time job, but my mom managed to have another career on the side. She was nurturing, loving and inspiring and has been a driving force throughout my life.

I have loved how our relationship has grown into a deep respect and a true friendship, and all of the amazing laughs we have had together. Thanks for always being there for me mom, through hard times and success. Today is just an official day to recognize you for all that you have done, but I celebrate it every day. <3 Love you!

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my mommy you'll be."


1 comment:

  1. I love you, baby. I will always remember you as an infant, as a tweenie, as a teen, and now, I experience you as an adult...I am so proud of the adult you have become! Look forward to what's next,and know you have the support you need! Anytime, anywhere! Mom

    ReplyDelete