Monday, January 24, 2011

This I Believe: Part 2



No one likes to be uncomfortable. Sometimes people will even stay in crappy, horrible situations or settings just because its comfortable and they don't like change. I know quite a few people who tend to be creatures of habit; and every day of every year seems to be the same. I have made the conscious decision to make sure my life is the antithesis of this. I want adventure, I want change, I want a challenge.

I came across another excerpt from the book titled "This I believe" that describes this desire to constantly be growing, changing. Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they are supposed to help you discover who you are! So...

· They say life is tough enough. But I guess I like to make things difficult on myself, because I do that all the time. Every day. On purpose. That’s because I believe in disrupting my comfort zone. The answer is simple. Disrupting my comfort zone, bombarding myself with challenging people and situations, this is the best way I know to keep growing. And to paraphrase a biologist I once met, if you’re not growing, you’re dying.- Brian Grazer

Whether it's moving to a new state for college, selling books, studying abroad, or trying things that are certain to scare us, life gives us the opportunity to discover things about ourselves that we never really knew (you may just be stronger than you think).

So don't be afraid to fail. Don't waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It is OK to fail. If you're not failing, you're not growing!


No comments:

Post a Comment