Friday, November 26, 2010

Family

After re-reading through my last post, I have decided that one of the quotes deserves a dedicated post, all of it's own. So...

"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outs
ide the touch of time." ~Clara Ortega

This has become quite apparent as my family continues to grow older and as everyone enters new phases in their lives. This Thanksgiving was one of the best yet, and definitely one of the most emotional. The conversation ranged from reminiscing about favorite childhood memories, to Jason's career and his future with Lynn, and to our
recently passed Grandfather.

I am so lucky to have a family (especially siblings) that know my heart better than I do. They always know what I need and are there to support me. The holidays can be a hard time for everyone, but with family it can be a time to rejoice and celebrate deep love, great memories, and hopes for the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment