Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Little Sister


"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double."- Toni Morrison

-This is my sister and I. In some ways COMPLETE opposites (and if you know us, you understand what I am talking about) but in other ways we are the exact same. Despite our differences (my typical outfit--sweatpants-- and hers --abercrombie--) our hearts are the same.
Sisters are different flowers from the same garden. ~Author Unknown
We love big or go home, and yet at the same time are afraid to love and surrender our hearts. Heartache and uncertainty are hard for anyone to deal with, but no one knows this better than us.

-So, this post is dedicated to my little Sister, Jenna, because I have never been more proud of her. This girl has been through a lot in her short 18 years, and I now know she is on the right path for her and will be happy and successful in any way she decides to be.

I love you Jenna! You are the mirror of my heart and I am so lucky to have you as a sister.



"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time." ~Clara Ortega


"Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship." ~Margaret Mead


**This one is for you Jen (we both know its true):

If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater. ~Pam Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment