Sunday, November 28, 2010

Old Friends



"Even though we've changed and we're finding our own place in the world, we both know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not still friends."

This is Maggie and I in a nut-shell. We have been friends since we were 5-years-old. Do you know what that means? That means we have been friends for 16 out of our 21 years. That's 76% of our lives. Do you know how much we know about each other? Everything. How well we understand each other? Perfectly. How easy it is to pick-up after extended periods of time? As if nothing has changed.

What started as giggling during snack-time, and tracking down the Easter Bunny during recess has grown and evolved into a friendship that makes her family. She is my sister, and a reflection of my heart. She has been with me during some of the best times:
(Phantom Lake-- Who else could I share such a special place with?)
and the some of worst.

You will always be my best friend, no matter what we go through, how we change, or what phase in our life we are in. "A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are." And no one has proved this better than Maggie. Thanks for always being there for me, I look forward to what our next 15 years of friendship will bring.







No comments:

Post a Comment