Friday, April 22, 2011

Twenty-two and counting...

Cheers to my first post as a 22-year-young [I'm convinced saying "young" instead of "old" will help me stay young!] First item of business = birthday re-cap!

This birthday turned out to be one of the best yet! My mom came up to visit [and help me test-drive and purchase my first car!] the weekend before. Family is always the best birthday present, I think! Spending time with my mom always makes everything better; she has a way of making me feel like everything will work out, and somehow we always end up laughing the entire time we are together. :) What would normally be mundane tasks turn into a corny-joke session and giggle-fest...


On the eve of my birthday, Jordan took me to get a McDonald's sundae and a movie from red-box (Jack Ass 3), to spend a leisurely evening at home. Meanwhile, my roommates surprised me with fresh, home-made brownies [a generous donation from the "shared" food-shelf]. I have the best roommates!

So on my actual birthday, Monday, my dad, grandma, and godfather took me out for lunch to French Meadow Cafe in Uptown. Great organic, vegetarian and locally grown food! Check it out sometime: French Meadow Cafe

The rest of the day progressed as most normal Mondays do, with slight increase in texts screaming "HAPPY BIRFDAY Sha-mo" and an assortment of other nick-names [Most of which will remain unstated due to lack of appropriateness]. That night, the ladies and I headed to Psycho Suzi's [best pizza in town], where Nicole was conveniently working. After a few of their famous Tiki-drinks, great pizza, and memorable pictures [see facebook], we headed home. 

Monday the 18th of April, 2011, was the perfect way to kick-off my 22nd year of life! Great friends, and tons of laughs; who could ask for anything more?


1 comment:

  1. I love you, too, Shannon! Happy Birthday, again.

    ReplyDelete